Regulation on Full-time Undergraduate Tuition Based on Credits
Underthe background that the university carries on a sound reform on credit system, management rules are hereby formulated in reference to regulations issued by the national and provincial Ministry of education and the situation of the university.
Article One: The students those who enrolled in and after the year 2007 begin to pay tuition based on credits.
Article Two:Criteria and Methods
- Under the regulation, tuition is comprised of professional fees and credit fees. Professional fees are paid every year. The general one costs CNR, 1600. The art one, CNR, 3800, and the software one, CNR, 13000 for junior and senior students.
- The students should prepay one year in advance. At the end of the semester year, the settlement will be done in accordance with the professional fees and the real credit fees. The shortage needs remedy and the surplus makes up the following year¡¯s tuition.
- Any credit beyond the minimum demands of the education program needs to be paid.
- The course which is applied and agreed to be exempt from taking could be no fees, unless the course contains any experiment and practical training, then one third credit fees were compulsory.
- The students who shift from one major to another one need to pay professional fees and credit fees for the current major.
- The students who finish all the credits needed by Education Program one year in advance will have one year¡¯s professional fees free. One semester in advance has half professional fees free. The students who have to extend the schooling duration should not repeat the professional fees.
- The students can have two weeks trial after selecting the course. The course which is quitted due to any reason would have no fees.
- On condition that the students have to terminate the schooling due to dropping out, transferring the school or the other reason should apply within the first month of the first semester. Once agreed, the students will get all professional fees back. If the application is beyond the first month, half the professional fees will be returned. The case that the students are agreed during the second semester has no fees back. The students who have to suspend schooling due to illness or army joining could get the tuition back according to the regulations above. During the suspension, no professional fees, or credit fees are necessary. When the suspension is finished, the tuitions should be paid with the current grade.
- When the credits are paid, the students who fail the course examination will get another one chance to make up for free. Once they fail again, they need to re-take the course, and pay for the credits again.
Article Three: The freshmen pay tuition fees when they do the entrance enrollment, while the senior ones should also do it before new term¡¯s registration. Those who do not pay up within schedule time, without the approval of the school authority, will be denied for registration, nor be involved in any teaching activities.
Article Four: the formula for making up full tuitions
- Full tuition for the current year = professional fees + (average credit fees¡Áthe current year overall credit number)
- The surplus fees for the current year = the surplus fees from the last year + the tuition fees paid in the current year ¨C the tuitions fee prescribed in the current year
Those students who are not sufficient should complete the remaining sum before the next term begins. On the contrary, the students who have a surplus will make up the following year¡¯s tuition.
Article Five: Tuition clearing before graduation
- The overall tuition clearing will be done right before the graduation.
- Thestudents who have a tuition shortage must keep it balance before leaving.
Article Six: This regulation takes effect from the autumn semester in 2007.
The Office of Academic Affairs and the Office of Finance are authorized to interpret the regulation above.