Along with the increasing acceleration of internationalization, the Southeast University exchanges an increasing number of students with the colleges and universities from the foreign countries, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan regions. In order to manage the work in a standard way, management rules are hereby formulated.
Article 1.The definition of Undergraduate Exchange Students
Undergraduate exchange students (hereinafter referred to as exchange students) are the full-time undergraduate students who are sent out of school according to the international cooperation and communication protocols and communication project of the university or the colleges. Exchange students in accordance with the agreement, are divided into university-scale exchange students and college-scale exchange students respectively.
Article 2. The Organization and Responsibilities
The Exchange students are selected and administered together by the Office of Academic Affairs, the Office of International Cooperation (Hong Kong and Taiwan affairs), the Student Affairs Office and the departments which the students are in.
- The Office of Academic Affairs and the department take responsibilities in the mutual recognition of credits and grades, and in the registration works.
- The office of International Cooperation (Hong Kong and Taiwan affairs) is responsible for program management, external liaison, and formalities directing to go abroad.
- The Student Affairs Office and the department the students are in are responsible for the students¡¯ school performance appraisal, archives management, etc; the department the students are in sign agreement of exchange with the target cooperation universities or colleges. The agreement of exchange shall be submitted to the Office of International Cooperation (Hong Kong and Taiwan affairs) and the Office of Academic Affairs for the record.
Article 3. The Exchange Students¡¯ Selection and Recommendation
1. The university-scale exchange students are selected and recommended by school related functional departments in accordance with the requirements of the intercollegiate exchange protocol and exchange programs;
2. The department-scale exchange students are selected and recommended by their own departments. The results should be submitted to the Office of Academic Affairs, the International Cooperation (Hong Kong and Taiwan affairs), and the Office of Student Affairs for the record;
3. The situation that the students contact in person to study abroad belongs to individual behavior, which is not included into the school exchange programs.
Article 4 the Basic Requirements for Selection
Exchange students are selected merit-based according to the requirements of the SEU and the cooperated university.
The basic qualifications include:
1. supporting the Communist Party's basic lines, patriotic, school glorifying, work hard, with entrepreneurial spirit;
2. no criminal or administrative sanctions;
3.good performance in learning; the average credit and GPA reach the admission school¡¯s requirements;
4. foreign language competence can satisfy the language requirement of the school;
5. good health; have a strong adaptability in learning and life.
Article 5 the Recommended Procedures
1.The university-scale exchange students apply to their college or department by reference to the exchange programs, quota and application conditions published by the university. After the college, department and the university check and verify the application, the university will recommend the qualified students to the admission university.Once they are admitted, two parties will sign an agreement and do the related formalities.
2. The college-scale exchange students. Their application will be check and recommend by their own college or department. Once they are admitted, two parties will sign an agreement and do the related formalities.